The front office employee is responsible for receiving, checking in/checking out and giving general information to guests. Providing service during the guests’ stay. The Front office employee performs telephone and administrative work.
• Receiving and checking in guests based on reservation lists.
• Check reservations regarding special requests.
• Close cooperation with the various operational departments for various purposes such as housekeeping, maintenance, F&B, Golf.
• Send daily reports from guests “in-house” to the relevant departments.
• Creating and handing over keys/key cards; providing general and tourist information to guests.
• Providing service, such as passing on messages, complaints handling.
• Check-out of departing guests, settlement of outstanding bills.
• Processing payments using (automated) POS system.
• Drafting, answering, and sending standard letters and e-mails.
• Replace colleague Information Desk Service Center
Knowledge & Experience
• MBO work-thinking level
• Office 365
• Relevant work experience
Blue Bay Curaçao is a fast-growing organization that focuses on project development, lot sales, renting out holiday bungalows and exploiting the beach. In addition, we have an 18-hole golf course, located in a natural environment formed by hills, sea and beach. The atmosphere within Blue Bay is characterized as flexible, vibrant, inspiring and challenging. Blue Bay consists of the Services, F&B, Golf, Development and Accommodations departments. These are supported by the Finance, IT, HR and Resort Marketing departments.
A little history about us Understandably, many think that the name Blue Bay was chosen because of the striking blue water in the bay. The truth is that this beautiful part of Curaçao was already named ‘Blaauwbaai’ (Blue Bay in Dutch), after Anno Blaauw, the owner at the time. He grew limes, oranges and – to make the name even more appropriate – the blue pigment indigo.
Over the years, the plantation has had its share of different owners. In 1800, it was occupied and plundered by French pirates. In the 20th century, it became the property of the Jacobs family, who used it as a farm. During the Second World War, American soldiers manned cannons at Blue Bay to shoot at German submarines.
The master plan of Blue Bay Resort dates back to 1990, when a local development group purchased the plantation from the Jacobs family and built the first infrastructure. In 1997, developer Steve Raspoort saw the area’s enormous potential. Step by step, he established a thriving resort and golf course. Steve Raspoort passed away in 2007, but his family continued realizing his dream to create a welcoming place where life is enjoyed to the fullest. Blue Bay has since grown to become a household name on Curaçao and in the Caribbean.
Blue Bay is a young team that has grown to a corporate company. With deluxe office buildings and a great team spirit. Ready to join us?